Association of investment professionals was founded as a non-profit association, with a goal of promoting and developing the investment profession in Serbia. The Association strives to continuously improve the public perception and standing of investment profession in Serbia and other neighborhood countries.
The objectives of the Association are:
- Exchange of ideas and information within the investment community
- Enhance knowledge of the investment decision making process
- Development of professionalism and ethical behavior within the Serbia investment community
- Promotion and increase the acceptance of Standards of Professional Conduct and the Code of Ethics and the Performance Presentation Standards
- Improving communication between investment professionals in Serbia
- Promoting the interests of the Serbia investment community within the global environment
- Promoting the CFA® Charter in Serbia and increasing its acceptance in Serbia within the investment profession
The Association achieves its objectives by the following methods:
- Education of financial professionals by organizing lectures, meetings and conferences
- Promotion of ideas and theories from financial profession
- Providing expert advice and preparing articles and publications on subjects from financial profession
- Collecting foreign and domestic literature regarding financial profession and ethical behavior
- Development and analysis of new knowledge within the financial profession
- Cooperation with financial and other institution with similar fields of interest
- Cooperation with domestic and foreign societies, institutions and universities with similar fields of interest
Bodies of the Association:
Bodies of the Association are the Assembly and the Board.
- The Assembly – Assembly is formed of all Association members. As the highest body of Association decide on all matters from its jurisdiction, subject to the Bylaws, the Articles of Incorporation, and applicable law.
- The Board of Directors – the Board consist of thirteen members, also including ex officio members The President, Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary. The Board decide on all matters from its jurisdiction. The Board is the executive body of Association.
- The President is the chief executive officer of the Association and represents the Association in legal. The President exercise general supervision and control of the affairs of the Association and preside as Chair at all meetings of the members and Board.
- Vice President – perform the duties of the President in his or her absence. Automatically become the President of the Association in the event of the President`s incapacity.